Most women do not realize that breastfeeding is a LEARNED behavior. Some babies come into this world and nurse easily, many have trouble feeding at the breast at first. If you are having trouble breastfeeding, or want to increase your milk supply you are not alone! As a Certified Lactation Counselor, CLC, I am here to help with breastfeeding tips and help increase milk supply.
Most importantly, as a nursing mom, I get it; I know it's not always pretty, and the struggles are real. I also know with the right support you will be everything you need to be for your baby. I'd be honored to be a source of support for you.
I provide support in the following ways:
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Education
- Private Counsel & Breastfeeding Assessment
- Phone/Text Support
Typical counseling topics may include, but are not limited to:
- What to do during pregnancy for better breastfeeding - The Magical Hour
- Latch, and how to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- How to know when to feed your baby, and how often to feed your baby
- What to do if your baby is in the NICU or sick
- What you can and cannot eat when you are breastfeeding
- What formula to give your baby if you don't want to breastfeed
- How to pump breastmilk and returning to work while breastfeeding
- How to wean your baby and if you should wean your baby
- When to start giving your baby solid food